Our shop is in our home so:
Many customers brand new to face painting like to come here for advice on what they should buy. I am always happy to help, including doing quick demonstrations. Please allow plenty of time. It helps if you have idea what designs you wish to paint.
We are located in Mt Colah, near Hornsby on the northern edge of Sydney.
When shopping in person here you may pay via cash, credit card or Paypal.
Sorry, no. All orders need to be placed online through our website. We do not have any facilities to take payment over the phone and orders need to go through the website to keep the stock-count accurate.
We pack and post pretty much every business day (so not weekends or public holidays) so most of the time your order will be posted the day your order it or the next. Orders placed after 3pm are usually packed the following business day. Express Post orders are given priority.
Delivery time varies. Please see our Shipping Info page for more information.
Our online shop accepts Credit card, debit cards, Paypal or direct bank deposit. Electronic bank transfers may take 1 to 3 days to clear, and your order will not be posted until payment is cleared.
Please note that when using Paypal, if the money comes from your bank rather than your paypal account or credit card, this is called an eCheque. Payment can take up to 5 business days to be transferred, and your order will not be posted until payment is finalised.
Yes – if we haven’t posted it yet. Please contact us to check. I recommend you phone, not text, as I may not see a text before posting your order!
If you wish to add items, simply place a new order online, with just the additional items and select “Combine with previous unposted order” as your delivery option. We will pack your two orders together and in most cases, there’ll be no additional postage to pay. If the additional products increase the postage costs we will contact you before posting.
If you made a mistake with your order or simply changed your mind, we are happy to make any changes (including refunds) if you contact us before we pack it.
A product that is out of stock will say “Out of stock” and not have the “Add to cart” button. So if you can add it to your cart, it should be in stock, but very occasionally this may be wrong. If you order a item that has unfortunately gone missing, we will phone or email you to give you the choice of a similar product or a refund.
If you want a product that is out of stock and you are logged in as a registered user of Face Paint World, you can join the waitlist to be notified when it’s back in stock. Click on the red “Read More” button to go to the product page, then click on the red “Join Waitlist” button.
Yes. I’m often asked by beginners what they should buy, what they need to start face painting, so I created kits with the products I’d recommend. Please click here for more information. Otherwise contact us
1. After adding items to your cart, click on “view cart” that appears after clicking the “add to cart” button, or click on the shopping cart icon at the top right of the site (above the search bar).
2. Please check your cart contents before completing payment. Quantities can be adjusted up or down in the cart, then click “update cart” at the bottom.
3. Select the shipping option.
4. Click “Proceed to Checkout”.
5. Enter your billing & shipping address.
Please make sure you include a valid email address and phone number, in case we need to contact you regarding your order, and so you can receive order confirmation and receipt.
6. After entering your address, the shipping options and costs costs may be adjusted. Please check your selection.
7. Open and read our Terms & Conditions, if you haven’t already done so. Please note, these are subject to change and may have changed since your last order.
8. Tick that you have read (& agree to) our Terms and click “place order”.
9. You will be directed to Paypal where you choose to pay with your Paypal account or a credit or debit card. Follow the instructions on screen.
You should receive an Order Receipt email from us, as well as a receipt from Paypal.
Check your spam/junk folder for emails from and add our email address to your contacts so you don’t miss any important emails from us, regarding your order.
Please contact us if you need more help with the website.