The Filbert, also known as a Cat’s Tongue, is a rounded, flat brush. Like a flat brush, the Filbert allows you to easily create different thicknesses of lines by gently twisting the brush while applying face paint.
- Used on its side, a filbert gives a thin line; used flat it produces a broad brush stroke; and by varying the pressure as you apply the brush to canvas, or flicking it across, you can get a tapering mark.
- As a tool for base-coating, these types of paint brushes can’t be beat! The shape of the hairs eliminates ridges.
- Filberts are particularly effective in blending work.
- Because of its shape, the Filbert is perfectly suited for doing leaves, flower petals, little buttterflies, scales and feathers.
- The soft, rounded edge also makes them great for painting around the eyes.
A great value economical brush from Tag Body Art, with a lovely, clear, acrylic handle that is much more durable and better-looking than the regular painted wood handles.
- Bristles: synthetic
- Handle: clear acrylic
- Brush shape: Filbert
- Brush Size: #6