A great value economical brush from TAG Body Art, with a lovely, clear, acrylic handle that is more durable, easier to clean and more professional looking than regular painted wood handles. The tapered, pointy end of the handle is handy for delicately removing strands of stray hair from the face without smudging your art work by touching the model with your fingers.
The filbert brush is also known as an oval flat brush, a cat’s tongue or chisel brush. With a thick, flat ferrule and an oval-shaped bristle head, the filbert is a multifunctional brush that is very useful for face painting.
Filbert brushes are good for:
- Blending and shading. Where a flat brush might leave a corner ‘imprint’, a filbert will create a more natural blend;
- Base-coats – laying in large areas of colour (with a medium to large filbert);
- One-stroke designs – especially one-stroke dolphins;
- The soft, rounded edge also makes them great for painting around the eyes;
- The curved edge can be used to great effect to easily paint scales, feathers, flower petals, little butterflies, and dolphins.
Like a flat brush, a filbert allows you to easily create lines of varying thickness by the angle and pressure you use.
Features of this brush:
- Brand: TAG Body Art
- Brush Shape: filbert
- Brush Size: #6
- Bristle Width: approx. 1/2 inch = 12 mm
- Bristle Length: up to about mm
- Handle length: medium
- Total brush length: approx. 22 cm
- Bristles: synthetic
- Handle: clear acrylic
- Ferrule: seamless
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
All measurements given are approximate.