This Bolt 1 inch One-stroke Flat brush has short bristles and flat top provide for maximum control and smooth strokes. It has a medium bounce for flowing yet controlled strokes. Jest Paint have worked hard to design an ideal set of face painting brushes – from choosing the right handle size to the length and material of the bristles – and created Bolt Brushes.
The handles of Bolt Brushes are coated in a glossy, non-toxic UV-reactive orange paint so that you can easily find your brushes while working at Black Light parties. The bright handle also makes them easy to spot if dropped in the grass or on the ground. The bright orange colour may over time fade to a different shade of orange or yellow from exposure to direct sunlight.
Flat brushes are good for:
- Shading and blending colours
- Base-coats – laying in large areas of colour
- “One-stroke” designs – applying multiple colours from a split-cake for instant shading effect and rainbows
- Creating ribbons and other lines of varying widths by altering the angle
- Broad, sweeping strokes with neat edges
- Narrow lines by using the edge
In face painting a one-stroke brush just means a flat brush but most often refers to one inch wide flat brushes which are designed to pick up and deliver all the colours in a one inch wide one-stroke split-cake.
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Bolt by Jest Paint
- Brush Range: Bolt Brushes
- Brush Shape: flat
- Brush Size:
- Bristle Width: approx. 1 inch = 26 mm
- Bristle Length: 20 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 19 cm
- Bristles: synthetic sable (golden taklon with excellent spring-back just like natural sable – except vegan!)
- Handle: wood coated in neon orange paint
This Brush has the newer pointed tip, which makes it easier to insert into your brush wallets.
Bolt Brushes are assembled in the USA using components from Thailand.
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
The wood for Bolt brush handles comes from managed national wood reforestation programs, and the manufacturer is involved with non-profit organizations that fight to protect endangered species, as well as organizations that provide free school materials to kids in need.
Bolt Brushes are handmade and all measurements are approximate. The actual width may vary a little, but you, as the artist are in control of the width of your strokes by the amount of pressure you put on the bristles while painting.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.