Jest Paint’s Bolt Blooming brush is perfect for all of your double loaded flower petals! This Bolt face painting brush is ideal for making 1/4″ to 1/2″ petals depending on how firmly you press down the bristles. It has a soft to medium bounce for flowing, yet controlled strokes.
Jest Paint have worked hard to design an ideal set of face painting brushes – from choosing the right handle size to the length and material of the bristles – and created Bolt Brushes.
The handles of Bolt Brushes are coated in a glossy, non-toxic UV-reactive orange paint so that you can easily find your brushes while working at Black Light parties. The bright handle also makes them easy to spot if dropped in the grass or on the ground. The bright orange colour may over time fade to a different shade of orange or yellow from exposure to direct sunlight.
REVIEWS – as given on Jest Paint website
- “I’ve been painting professionally for nearly 10 years now and after my first gig using the Bolt brushes I am completely amazed! They have brought my game to a whole new level. Beyond amazing. Treat yourself to a few. Trust me.” – Jamie Gaviola 7/11/2018
- “I was having a hard time consistently making good flowers, but this brush makes it relatively easy. Love it!“- Sheila Morton 24/3/2017
- “The bristles are very absorbent and make perfect flowers.” – Peggy Hernandez 12/5/2016
- “Does a really good job w/petals & dots. Springy & good bounce. Generous bristles. My new fave!” – Nely Alcocer 24/3/ 2016
- “You can easily make perfect flower petals with this blooming brush. It holds a huge amount of paint so you don’t have to reload paint often. Perfect for busy face painters with long lines!” – Michelle Richards 26/2/2016
Like any round brush, this “Blooming” brush will allow you to do:
- precise, fine details
- teardrops and petals
- thin to thick to thin lines (such as tiger stripes)
- fill small areas
- dots of various sizes
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Bolt by Jest Paint
- Brush Range: Bolt Brushes
- Brush Shape: round “petal”
- Brush Size: large
- Bristle Width: approx. 6 mm at base
- Bristle Length: approx. 16 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 17 cm
- Bristles: synthetic sable (golden taklon with excellent spring-back just like natural sable – except vegan!)
- Handle: wood coated in neon orange paint
- Ferrule: seamless
Bolt Brushes are assembled in the USA using components from Thailand.
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
The wood for Bolt brush handles comes from managed national wood reforestation programs, and the manufacturer is involved with non-profit organizations that fight to protect endangered species, as well as organizations that provide free school materials to kids in need.
Bolt Brushes are handmade and all measurements are approximate. The actual width may vary a little, but you, as the artist are in control of the width of your strokes by the amount of pressure you put on the bristles while painting.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.