I thought this budget set of four round brushes would be a suitable option for those on a tight budget but I was surprised to find how well they work for face painting. The bristles have the right about of firmness and spring-back; they hold their shape well; and they have a lovely long tapered point.
Good round brushes are the most important tools in your face paint kit. A round face painting brush is a versatile, all-purpose brush that can be used on its point with light pressure for extremely thin lines, or with greater pressure for thicker lines. A good round brush can also be laid on the skin like a stamp to create teardrop shapes for flower petals, little butterflies and more.
An essential for face painting, a good quality round brush will allow you to do:
- precise, fine details
- teardrops and petals
- thin to thick to thin lines (such as tiger stripes)
- fill small areas
- dots of various sizes
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Reno Art
- Brush Shape: round
- Brush Sizes: #3, #1, #0, #3/0, #5/0
- Bristle Width: approx. 1-2.5 mm at base
- Bristle Length: approx. 6-14 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 18-19 cm
- Bristles: golden synthetic
- Handle: acrylic
- Ferrule: seamless
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
* All measurements given are approximate.