Jest Paint’s Bolt Small Firm Blooming brush is perfect for all of your double loaded flower petals!
REVIEWS – as given on Jest Paint website
- “I love my new Bolt Small FIRM Blooming Brush. I can do double dip flowers now, where I couldn’t before. Yay!” – Julzz Kuhn 18/6/2018
- “I loved this brush. I was able to make endless and beautiful flowers. The size and shape was very consistent. I’m buying another.” – Shanna Pineda 25/4/2017
Jest Paint has striven to make the best possible brush for each kind of painter and this line of FIRM brushes may be just what many have been waiting for. The FIRM Bolt Brushes are great for painters that are heavier handed and need more resistance from their brush. Firmer bristles need a little more water and paint than the regular Bolt brushes, but they are easier to rinse off since they don’t hold on to a lot of paint.
The handles of Bolt Brushes are coated in a glossy, non-toxic UV-reactive orange paint so that you can easily find your brushes while working at Black Light parties. The bright handle also makes them easy to spot if dropped in the grass or on the ground. The bright orange colour may over time fade to a different shade of orange or yellow from exposure to direct sunlight.
Like any round brush, this “Blooming” brush will allow you to do:
- precise, fine details
- teardrops and petals
- thin to thick to thin lines (such as tiger stripes)
- fill small areas
- dots of various sizes
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Bolt by Jest Paint
- Brush Range: Bolt Brushes
- Brush Shape: round “petal”
- Brush Size: medium
- Bristle Width: approx. 5 mm at base
- Bristle Length: approx. 15 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 17 cm
- Bristles: firm synthetic sable – a unique blend of golden taklon fibres in multiple diameters for an excellent point for fine details, crisp edge for fine lines and spring-back just like natural sable (except vegan!)
- Handle: wood coated in neon orange paint
- Ferrule: seamless
Bolt Brushes are assembled in the USA using components from Thailand.
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
The wood for Bolt brush handles comes from managed national wood reforestation programs, and the manufacturer is involved with non-profit organizations that fight to protect endangered species, as well as organizations that provide free school materials to kids in need.
Bolt Brushes are handmade and all measurements are approximate. The actual width may vary a little, but you, as the artist are in control of the width of your strokes by the amount of pressure you put on the bristles while painting.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.