This fan brush works as a rake – just what you need for creating striations – for stripes, fur, feathers, Santa’s beard, mummy bandages and other cross-hatching and of course cat’s whiskers. When loaded with paint the bristles will become like a rake with distinct gaps – it’s like having a dozen tiny brushes in a row so you can create many parallel lines at once – fast and neat!
This Rake Fan Brush is good for:
- parallel lines for cat’s whiskers, stripes, fabric fringe, basket-weave, cross-hatching and other striations
- feathery strokes that can be used to create fur, hair, feathers, grass, woodgrain, gauze bandage, fabric texture
- a streaky texture effect at the edges of butterfly wings
Tips for use:
- Do not overload with paint
- Some effects are achieved by using a dry rake brush across damp paint.
- Use light pressure to achieve delicate texture
- Vary how long you stay up on the tip of your chisel edge and rotate which side of the brush you put pressure on, to create turned effects
- Sweep the tip of the brush through a different colour to add colour variations
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Reno Art
- Brush Shape: fan rake
- Brush Size: #10
- Bristle Width: approx. 50 mm at widest point
- Bristle Length: approx. 30 mm
- Handle length: medium
- Total brush length: approx. 22 cm
- Bristles: golden synthetic
- Handle: clear acrylic
- Ferrule: seamless
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
All measurements given are approximate.