The “Creative Series” brush range has been designed by world-renowned Australian face and body paint artist, Prima Barton. Prima Barton is an amazing artist from Queensland who has created a very nice quality line of brushes for face painters. The light-weight handles and golden taklon bristles with just the right spring have been carefully designed by Prima Barton to provide maximum control and ease of application.
The Flora brush has a flat ferrule with bristles tapered to a fine point like a leaf. It was specifically designed for painting petals, leaves and stems, but I’ve discovered it’s perfect for painting super-fast and perfectly shaped monster horns, dinosaur & dragon ridge-plates (the pointy things that stick out from the spine), as well as stripes/markings for my snakes and dinosaurs and even fish-like scales!
Flora brushes are good for:
- Using the brush head to create an imprint is a very fast way to paint neat, even petals, leaves, horns, etc
- Petal/imprint size and shape adjusting pressure and/or angle of bristles – you can even use it side on for a thin petal/imprint
- wide base, narrow edge and pointed tip make it very suitable for thin to thick and tapering lines
- uniquely tapered tip for fine detailing
- wide, flat base allows for blending and fast filling
- high variety of uses means you can use the same brush throughout a design saving time loading a new brush
- voluminous base holds ample paint which saves time reloading
- unique and versatile shape for imprinting with lots of uses
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Prima Barton
- Brush Range: Creative Series
- Brush Shape: flora
- Brush Size: #6
- Bristle Width: approx. 8 mm at base
- Bristle Length: approx. 20 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 20 cm
- Bristles: synthetic golden taklon
- Handle: painted wood
- Ferrule: seamless
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
* All measurements given are approximate.