The face painting brushes from Global Colours were designed by an award-winning body artist to precisely meet the unique needs of face and body painters. The golden taklon bristles in Global Colours brushes have that all-important firm spring-back and optimum bristle length, giving you maximum control over your brushstrokes.
The durable, acrylic handle of this Global Colours Filbert Brush features a tapered, pointy end for delicately removing strands of stray hair from the face without smudging your art work by touching the model with your fingers. Their densely packed ferrules leave no space for water and paint to get trapped – making them easy to clean, and quick to dry.
The filbert brush is also known as an oval flat brush, a cat’s tongue or chisel brush. With a thick, flat ferrule and an oval-shaped bristle head, the filbert is a multifunctional brush that is very useful for face painting.
Filbert brushes are good for:
- Blending and shading. Where a flat brush might leave a corner ‘imprint’, a filbert will create a more natural blend;
- Base-coats – laying in large areas of colour (with a medium to large filbert);
- One-stroke designs – especially one-stroke dolphins;
- The soft, rounded edge also makes them great for painting around the eyes;
- The curved edge can be used to great effect to easily paint scales, feathers, flower petals, little butterflies, and dolphins.
Like a flat brush, a filbert allows you to easily create lines of varying thickness by the angle and pressure you use.
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Global Colours
- Brush Shape: filbert
- Brush Size:
- Bristle Width: 3/4 inch = approx. 19 mm
- Bristle Length: up to about 27 mm
- Handle length: medium
- Total brush length: approx. 23 cm
- Bristles: golden taklon
- Handle: black acrylic
- Ferrule: nickel plated, seamless
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
All measurements given are approximate.
Now established as a globally recognized brand, Global Colours is a family owned and operated business that first opened its doors in 1992. The business was born out of a passion for art, and a drive to produce the best paints and colours in the industry.