The Flora brush has a flat ferrule with bristles tapered to a fine point like a leaf. It was specifically designed for painting petals, leaves and stems, but I’ve discovered it’s perfect for painting super-fast and perfectly shaped monster horns, dinosaur & dragon ridge-plates (the pointy things that stick out from the spine), as well as stripes/markings for my snakes and dinosaurs and even fish-like scales!
Flora brushes are good for:
- Using the brush head to create an imprint is a very fast way to paint neat, even petals, leaves, horns, etc
- Petal/imprint size and shape adjusting pressure and/or angle of bristles – you can even use it side on for a thin petal/imprint
- wide base, narrow edge and pointed tip make it very suitable for thin to thick and tapering lines
- uniquely tapered tip for fine detailing
- wide, flat base allows for blending and fast filling
- high variety of uses means you can use the same brush throughout a design saving time loading a new brush
- voluminous base holds ample paint which saves time reloading
- unique and versatile shape for imprinting with lots of uses
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Loew Cornell
- Brush Range: La Corneille 7930
- Brush Shape: flora
- Brush Size: #6
- Bristle Width: approx. 9 mm at base
- Bristle Length: approx. 21 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 20 cm
- Bristles: golden taklon
- Handle: high quality painted wood
- Ferrule: seamless, nickel plated
The La Corneille Golden Taklon range of brushes from Loew Cornell are some of the very best brushes on the market. One of the industry’s top selling brands, I cannot recommend these brushes highly enough. These high quality brushes are absorbent, durable, versatile and have excellent spring.
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
* All measurements given are approximate.