Loew Cornell’s Soft Comfort Soft Rake Brush is much softer, whispier bristles than the other rakes and gives you finer, closer lines.
This rake brush is a flat brush with tiny spaces created between the tips of the bristles, designed to allow you to create texture and special effects in your painting.
This Soft Rake is good for:
- feathery strokes that can be used to create fur, hair, feathers, grass, woodgrain, gauze bandage, fabric texture
- a streaky texture effect at the edges of butterfly wings
- blending and softening the edges of other strokes
- blending colours
- thin applications of paint
Tips for use:
- Do not overload with paint
- Some effects are achieved by using a dry rake brush across damp paint.
- Use light pressure to achieve delicate texture
- Vary how long you stay up on the tip of your chisel edge and rotate which side of the brush you put pressure on, to create turned effects
- Sweep the tip of the brush through a different colour to add colour variations
Features of this brush:
- Brand: Loew Cornell
- Brush Range: Soft Comfort 24250
- Brush Shape: rake
- Brush Size:
- Bristle Width: approx. 1/2 inch = 12 mm
- Bristle Length: approx. 19 mm
- Handle length: short
- Total brush length: approx. 20 cm
- Bristles: synthetic
- Handle: shaped for comfort with a soft, slightly rubbery feel
- Ferrule: seamless, brushed aluminium
Loew Cornell’s “Soft Comfort” range of brushes have handles shaped to fit your hand. The handle design and its soft, almost rubbery feel, means these brushes won’t slip from your grasp. The “Soft Comfort” handles give you comfort and control.
Loew Cornell has been one of the industry’s top selling brands, but the company has been closed down, so what we have in stock now is all there is left.
As the bristles are synthetic, no animals were harmed for the production of these brushes.
Please Note: Photos of this brush may show the whole brush along with a close-up shot, and may show this brush alongside other brushes to compare it to others in the range. The listing is for one brush unless stated otherwise.
All measurements given are approximate.